Monday, July 10, 2006

Why do we do this?

I sometimes work in a call center to supplement my meager income. I sometimes take phone calls for weight loss drugs. I sometimes receive calls from preteen girls. This bothers me. This bothers me a lot.

When these girls call they sound so sad. I just want to tell them not to pay mind to the TV, radio, movies, magazines, videos etc. How are these girls supposed to feel secure about themselves when all they see are half naked starved woman at every turn? Why do we do this. The pressure we put on girls to stay young, be beautiful and thin is ridiculous. I find it odd that you see so many ad's articles etc. Concerning beauty yet very few concerning things that really matter. Nothing on how to pick the right school, how to donate to charity or just simply make yourself a better person from the inside.

If any of those girls by some miracle are reading this. You are beautiful. I don't have to see you to know this. Please do not let the medias perception of beauty skew yours. You are beautiful!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home