Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Verizon Sucks

Okay so I pay uber amounts of money to Verizon every month for my dsl service. Even more because I will not sign a contract. One for my cell phone is plenty thank you very much. So I am minding my own business and glance at my dsl modem and lo and behold it is blinking! WHAT?!?!? Instant withdrawal symptoms before I can take a breath. Yup, my connection is lost.

Not being a complete tech idiot I go through the routine of checking plugs, restarting etc. etc. Nope nothing works. Damn, I have to call tech support.
Within 5 minutes of talking to the "tech" guy I realize two things. One he is an idiot and two he is an idiot not located within the US. You have got to be kidding me, Verizon outsourcing it's tech help? So after getting completely frustrated with trying to explain my problem and this tech idiot firmly believes in the power of the script and refuses to budge from it I hang up and call back. Lucky me I get "Mrs. Tech idiot" who quickly goes into the same spiel as original tech idiot. I apologize for interrupting her but explain all that I have done. She asks me is I restarted the modem. Why yes I did. Her reply, "Good please restart your modem". But I just did. Yes that is good Please restart your modem and seriously this went on for five minutes. She then tells me to disconnect my phone line and I curiously ask but won't this disconnect us. Yes do that and call back. But for what reason. Reply, yes but do that and call back. I am now selling my soul for the power to reach through phone lines.

I disconnect and call back and have to go through the voice commands again and when they ask me for the 4th time what my problem is I am shocked as the next person that my answer is internet f&^@&@#^ connection problems. But I swear to you when an American accent picked up that phone I almost cried. I went through almost an hour of this and American tech guy immediately found the problem on their end and although it took a day for them to fix it, it only took 5 minutes on the phone to figure it out.

Next day techie guy comes to check wiring. He also comes in to manually reboot modem and writes down detailed ways to avoid having to contact "tech support" if problems arise in the future. Very helpful and got me u

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home