Friday, November 04, 2005

I hate this feeling

I witnessed a crime yesterday. Two men attacked my neighbor while she was in her garage. Besides the fear she is okay. I can't get over this feeling. It was 6 in the evening and she was in her garage and two men tried to assault her. They ran off when she started screaming and neighbors came out. The police took 20 minutes to arrive and by then the men could literally have been in another state. I have never spoke to my neighbor before last night and I feel bad about that.

I came home this morning after running some errands and for the first time I was scared. I am afraid in my home now and that pisses me off. I want to hurt someone for taking away the one place where I felt safe and secure. The worst part is my children were also a witness to this. So far they don't show any signs of being too affected but I am watching and keeping an eye on if their behavior changes. This is what has come of the world now where woman and children especially are not safe anywhere.

I saw a man this morning sitting on a step and after a few minutes he got up and walked away. He didn't look like my neighbor but I couldn't see his face that well because he was wearing an oversized hoodie. I didn't leave my car until he was more then halfway down the street.

I am afraid and I am angry and I don't know what to do about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home